H Mottaleb via plug on 17 Jan 2021 16:27:52 -0800

[PLUG] Is it possible to move data from a SAS drive to the newly installed SSD?

Hi,

I have my Dell R510 server configured with raid 6. It has been downloading Eth1 (Geth) chain for last 4 days and it’s not even half way done.

I am finding out now that even if the chain is fully downloaded and synced, I will have issues with the SAS drives because they’re too slow for this purpose.

I am thinking about upgrading the perc card to the 8700 and upgrading a few drives.

Would it be possible for me to move the already downloaded data to the new drives or would I have to download everything all over again?

Thanks

Sent from Yahoo Mail for iPad