jeffv via plug on 15 Jan 2021 12:11:14 -0800

Re: [PLUG] car tracking

On 1/15/21 1:57 PM, Rich Freeman wrote:

If you're worried about somebody tracking your car, and not worried
about somebody tracking your phone, then I'm kind of curious what your
threat model is.

Point.
Both, of course.

There is no need for any entity to know anything about my car. Dealer, insurance, mfgr, advertisers, people w guns who want to shut it down, people who randomly place trackers on cars, my wife....

I think I've got the phone down to only the carrier. Goog can't identify it. I'm not popular enough to leave it on all the time....

Now please excuse me while I go install the software update my car
just downloaded...

Yours doesn't install its own software? Piffle.

"Right to Repair" and modify are very interesting topics now.