Rich Freeman via plug on 19 Jan 2021 07:30:56 -0800

Re: [PLUG] mount -t cloudfs ?

On Tue, Jan 19, 2021 at 10:07 AM Floyd Johnson via plug
<plug@lists.phillylinux.org> wrote:

> One or more of the "mass-market deals": I've accounts with iCloud and
> Google Drive

I quickly found s3fs:
https://github.com/s3fs-fuse/s3fs-fuse

I found this for Google Drive:
https://github.com/astrada/google-drive-ocamlfuse

Didn't find anything for iCloud.  Maybe something exists.

I doubt you'll find one filesystem to rule them all, and of course
unless the vendor officially has a stable API you could have the risk
of sudden breakage.  For something like S3 that definitely won't be a
problem.assuming your filesystem is maintained (as far as AWS is
concerned the more GETs/PUTs that they can charge you for the better).
It might be more of an issue for the more consumer-oriented stuff as
I'm not sure which of those have officially-supported APIs vs just
reverse engineering of their internal APIs.

--
Rich