Fred Stluka via plug on 22 Jan 2021 06:59:57 -0800

[PLUG] Change in Reply-To field of PLUG list on 7/14/2019...

PLUG folks,

I just noticed that the behavior of Reply-To changed on 7/14/2019.

Before that a reply went to the entire list by default.  Since that
date, the Reply-To field has been changed, so a reply goes only to
the original poster (OP).  You can see the transition clearly in the
archives, where the Reply-To field is shown for each message.

This may be related to the message (appended below) posted by
Walt on 7/7/2019, where he talks about making changes to the
list's email box.

I looked through my Sent folder and found a bunch of replies that
I had intended to send to the entire list in the past 18 months, that
only went to the OP.  I had caught and re-sent some of them at the
time because the OP noticed and asked why I had sent only to him,
not the entire list.  Or because I was surprised at the lack of replies
to my reply.

I suspect others of you may have made the same mistake.  Please
don't take it personally.  We're not ignoring your posts.  We're simply
not seeing them.

Walt, can you or someone please look into this?  Was it an intentional
change or an accident?  Thanks!

--Fred
  * /Date/: Sun, 7 Jul 2019 19:50:24 -0400
  * /Dkim-signature/: v=1; a=rsa-sha1; c=relaxed; d=pobox.com;
    h=date:from:to :subject:message-id:mime-version:content-type;
    s=sasl; bh=yJzokl hxSNkpER36kOQcAIKJGDQ=;
    b=QdyHdrv0SIpR1uviLxvFMLYZS6qUXlU9BRuKIa
    o8tWxHT4VPIk3JvdOUFghXRFxdyG7IaSHtY1dddW9WOD3CQx8v59oUnDJ9xhNufx
    jEXcCr261lS/OnLAOQKUhqWoTP9pZAwLS8bNtFqNEVb5nRd8ZHbd1NT5gkhDVrLW
    mNNvE=
  * /Reply-to/: Walt Mankowski <waltman@pobox.com
    <mailto:waltman%40pobox.com>>, Philadelphia Linux User's Group
    Discussion List <plug@lists.phillylinux.org
    <mailto:plug%40lists.phillylinux.org>>
  * /Sender/: "plug" <plug-bounces@lists.phillylinux.org
    <mailto:plug-bounces%40lists.phillylinux.org>>
  * /User-agent/: Mutt/1.10.1 (2018-07-13)

Hi everyone,

It sounds like it might take a few weeks to get our email box updated
to the latest version of Debian. In the meantime I've gone ahead and
changed the "from_is_list" setting from "No" to "Munge From". That
will change the "From:" mail header and may potentially break some
users' mail filters.

You should be able to compare the headers on this message to other
ones I've sent to the list to see how it's changed.

Walt