Rich Freeman via plug on 4 Feb 2021 08:33:15 -0800

Re: [PLUG] Backup solution

On Thu, Feb 4, 2021 at 10:52 AM Lee H. Marzke via plug
<plug@lists.phillylinux.org> wrote:

> The splitting of files into chunks is done such that small changes to data ( like adding a few character to a file)
> only affect the current chunk, and don't change the boundry of the next chunk,  preserving the
> de-duplication.

Duplicity works the same way - it uses librsync.

Restic is a newer solution and I probably would look at that first for
anything new.  I haven't seen any need to switch over but it seems to
be the direction more are going in.

--
Rich