JP Vossen via plug on 15 Feb 2021 13:50:38 -0800

Re: [PLUG] Where to Buy Nerd Stuff

On 2/15/21 10:44 AM, Will via plug wrote:
I would suggest checking out Adafruit and Sparkfun. If you need more discrete parts then Digikey, Mouser, and Jamco. For easy board work, Fritzing (supports bread boarding and arduino's, etc). KiCad is great if you're looking for free board layout software.
+10 for Adafruit.  They usually cost a bit more than Amazon, and delivery is slower, but they don't stock garbage and they do put a lot of effort into product details, descriptions, how-tos, etc.  They are really nerds stocking nerd stuff.

+1 each for Digikey & Mouser for just...stuff.  Like capacitors, switches, etc.  For me, you have to already know exactly what you want from them, but if you do they are good.

I've never used the others so no opinion there.

Later,
JP