Walt Mankowski via plug on 20 Mar 2021 14:07:14 -0700

Re: [PLUG] Windows driver for ext2/ext3

On Sat, Mar 20, 2021 at 02:24:00PM -0400, brent saner via plug wrote:
> Any possibility to install the WSL on your wife's laptop?
>
> https://devblogs.microsoft.com/commandline/access-linux-filesystems-in-windows-and-wsl-2/
>
> It's still hacky, but it's less hacky than a lot of other options.

It's way more hacky than formatting the drive as exFAT and having it
Just Work everywhere.

In fact, installing WSL2 on Win10 was pretty darn hacky the last time
I tried it. It involved tweaking some control panel settings,
installing a package off the Windows App Store, and rebooting several
times, setting up accounts inside WSL, etc. Once it's installed it
needs to be configured and maintained in a completely different manner
than the rest of the laptop.

Taking all that into consideration, I'm a bit curious which other
options you think are hackier than that?

Walt