Fred Stluka via plug on 29 Mar 2021 06:38:30 -0700

Re: [PLUG] Schneier: Illegal Content and the Blockchain

JP,

Yeah, that's probably it.  A distributed ledger records any sort of
transactions.  Just like XML stores any kind of data, even binary.

Bitcoins uses blockchain, but may not limit it to well-defined
financial transactions.  May just use the generic blockchain
mechanism, ignoring things that aren't valid Bitcoin transactions.
Other cryptocurrencies support automated self-enforcing
contracts, and NFTs (non-fungible tokens), etc.  Bitcoin may also.

Or it just has a comment field that's generic enough to store
images and other binary data.  Would be useful in recording
a transaction about a sale of a piece of property to include an
image of it.  Or an image of a signature.

--Fred
Fred Stluka -- http://bristle.com -- Glad to be of service!
Open Source: Without walls and fences, we need no Windows or Gates.