Rich Freeman via plug on 29 Mar 2021 06:43:54 -0700

Re: [PLUG] Schneier: Illegal Content and the Blockchain

On Mon, Mar 29, 2021 at 9:38 AM Fred Stluka via plug
<plug@lists.phillylinux.org> wrote:

> Bitcoins uses blockchain, but may not limit it to well-defined
> financial transactions.  May just use the generic blockchain
> mechanism, ignoring things that aren't valid Bitcoin transactions.

As was mentioned in the paper I linked, limiting it to this would not
in any way prevent using it to transmit arbitrary data like this.  If
you can encode arbitrary data in 1s and 0s, then you can encode it in
"transfer 0.0000001 cents to this account" and "transfer 0.0000002
cents to this account."

--
Rich