Steve Litt via plug on 29 Mar 2021 07:24:57 -0700

Re: [PLUG] Chinese state hackers - new linux malware

Fred Stluka via plug said on Mon, 29 Mar 2021 09:05:11 -0400

>Brent,
>
>Yeah, egress filtering is a good idea.  Thanks!
>
>C2C?
>
>I googled it.  Found:
>- Customer to Customer -- Like B2B (Business to Business)
>- Cam to Cam -- Modern lingo about webcam chats
>- Corp to Corp -- 1099's like I use with my clients
>- Consumer to Consumer -- like the Uber business model
>- etc.
>
>I'm not sure you meant any of these.  Other?
>
>Digging a little deeper I found:
>- C&C -- Command And Control infrastructure
>- Comply to Connect -- software to ensure compliance
>    (control and identity) of devices trying to connect
>
>Am I getting close?

LOL, this is a perfect response when people use acronyms unfamiliar to
the vast majority in the community. From now on, I'm going to do this
too.

By the way, I'm not trying to call Brent a WAD or anything. I'm just
saying I like your response.

SteveT

Steve Litt