Art Clemons via plug on 10 May 2021 16:45:16 -0700

[PLUG] Simple Reliable method to determine what is running on a Linux Box

I've been doing Online Amateur Radio Volunteer Exam sessions and have been seeing more folks running Linux or xBSD as the OS.  For exam integrity purposes, there are some programs like for example Discord, Telegram which cannot be running while the exam is going on.

I've been asking the test taker to open a terminal then type "ps ax|less" and scrolling through what comes up.  This method depends on my being able to recognize what should or should not be running.  It also won't work for other VEs who aren't used to dealing with Linux but still have to proctor an exam remotely.

I wonder what other methods might work in this situation or even suggestions for a better set of commands than I use.