Tom Diehl via plug on 11 May 2021 06:25:23 -0700

Re: [PLUG] Lab recommendations

On Mon, 10 May 2021, brent timothy saner via plug wrote:

On 5/10/21 14:04, Chad Waters via plug wrote:
If you're looking for a CentOS replacement, keep an eye on Rocky Linux.

(https://rockylinux.org/)

I mentioned this in my other reply, but there's a handful of others that
claim to be CentOS replacements as well:

https://almalinux.org/

https://www.oracle.com/linux/
(lol. If you hate yourself, I guess.)

https://springdale.math.ias.edu/

https://www.clearos.com/

The problem is half of them are nowhere near mature enough for
enterprise deployment (Rocky Linux, AlmaLinux both aren't even at RC
stage yet, and clearOS hasn't been battle tested long enough).

Just to update this AlmaLinux released its stable version 30 Mar 21.
https://almalinux.org/blog/almalinux-os-stable-release-is-live/

I have not tried it but they seem to be ahead of most of the others.

Regards,

--
Tom			me@tdiehl.org