JP Vossen via plug on 23 May 2021 09:20:01 -0700

Re: [PLUG] Looking for Model M, Model F, and beam-spring keyboards

Eric S. Raymond via plug said on Fri, 21 May 2021 12:38:23 -0400 (EDT)
If you're not sure you're looking at one of the kinds I'm after, just
ask yourself "Is this keyboard rugged enough that in the event of a
zombie apocalypse I could beat the zombies to death with it and keep
typing?"  If the answer is "yes", I probably want it.

_Resident Evil: Model M_?

I can't help with what you are actually asking about, but I'll throw out the new System76 fully open source (H/W spec, firmware, software) at https://system76.com/accessories/launch.