Steve Litt via plug on 23 May 2021 15:29:06 -0700

Re: [PLUG] Looking for Model M, Model F, and beam-spring keyboards

JP Vossen via plug said on Sun, 23 May 2021 12:19:56 -0400

>I can't help with what you are actually asking about, but I'll throw
>out the new System76 fully open source (H/W spec, firmware, software)
>at https://system76.com/accessories/launch.

Speaking as an author who sometimes types >2000 words in a day, from
viewing the keyboard, the right shift, Enter and Backspace keys are too
little.

I wonder about replacing the spacebar with two space keys. What happens
if I fatfinger and press them both?

As a person with compromised visual acuity, I'm not a fan of the black
on dark gray keys, or the small letters on all keys. The keys have
enough room to print bigger and bolder letters. The Logitech keyboard
I'm using right now has bigger letters and cost between $20 and $40.

And then there's System76's familiar habit of charging multiples of
commodity price: $285.00 for a keyboard. Better never spill your coffee
in that keyboard, or get beach sand from your hair in it.

SteveT

Steve Litt