Joe Rosato via plug on 4 Jun 2021 02:26:02 -0700

Re: [PLUG] System unbootable after Kubuntu 20.04 update and reboot

Might be this?

https://www.omgubuntu.co.uk/2021/04/why-you-cant-upgrade-to-ubuntu-21-04-for-now

It is supposedly fixed now (I think) but got bit myself and wound up installing fresh even though I had a full partimage backup. It was time anyway... I usually go fresh after 2+ dist upgrades in anyway..

Also... Have used boot-repair myself successfully many times... Install it on the boot'd USB stick and run it from there...

Joe