Rich Freeman via plug on 15 Dec 2021 15:10:50 -0800

Re: [PLUG] Running out of disk space?

On Wed, Dec 15, 2021 at 5:56 PM H Mottaleb via plug
<plug@lists.phillylinux.org> wrote:

> How do I get more information on what’s causing the problem? I have tried Alt, Ctl and F2 as stated on Google search but my system doesn’t do anything. It just stuck at that message.

Can you give us a bit more of the output up to that point.  I agree
with Rich's suggestion to try to troubleshoot more from a rescue
partition, but the thing is that you would want to have some idea of
where exactly you're at.

In particular I'd like to know if the system has gotten past the
initramfs and pivoted to the root filesystem or not.  If it is failing
in the initramfs that is a very different sort of thing to deal with
than if it is failing in the root filesystem.

What distro are you running?

Look for lines that mention "initrd" or "initramfs" or "dracut" - what
is the last one of those you see?

Look for lines that say "reached target" - what is the last of those you see?

Having an idea of where in the boot process it is hanging will greatly
narrow down where to look for problems.

Feel free to take a photo of your screen if you lack any better way to
capture this stuff.

--
Rich