Adam Schaible via plug on 20 Dec 2021 12:40:27 -0800

Re: [PLUG] Running out of disk space?

One more disk usage management utility for the list: ncdu, aka nCurses du. Gives a more user-friendly "pseudo GUI" for du right inside your shell/terminal session. It's available in the official apt repos for Debian/Ubuntu etc., while over on the Red Hat side look for it in the EPEL repo. I've gotten all the Linux newbies in my department hooked on it.

If ncdu takes too long to crawl all the files in your folder or partition every time you run it, just use a flag to redirect the output to a file the first time around and browse that instead.

We also like using nmtui (the nCurses network manager) here instead of nmcli, long live nCurses!

--
  Adam Schaible
  plug@schibes.com