Lynn Bradshaw via plug on 4 Jan 2022 06:23:41 -0800

Re: [PLUG] Very weird error with make (constant segfaulting)

Well it looks like the plot has thickened. I just created a folder on
my external HD to put the entire contents of my Downloads folder
(/home/pi/Downloads) in during preparation for a "nuke it from orbit"
scenario. Then I went over to that external folder and did make and it
runs fine and the binary runs fine too. Then I switched back to a
folder on the SD card with the Vim source in it and make ran in *that*
folder just fine.

So we're dealing with a highly enigmatic, difficult to reproduce bug.
I *could* do some of the things mentioned but there is no bug now. I'm
going to weigh my options here and hopefully figure out soon whether
the hassle of starting from scratch is worth it.