Lynn Bradshaw via plug on 3 Jan 2022 06:11:46 -0800

[PLUG] Very weird error with make (constant segfaulting)

So I was about to start compiling some software project and make
segfaulted. I thought it might have been a fluke, so I tried again,
same thing, repeatedly. Tried backing out of the shell or tmux
altogether, restarting the terminal emulator, using bash (normal
choice is zsh on this one) and ultimately only restarting the entire
machine fixed it.

I don't think it's dodgy hardware because a) only make has ever done
this (I think it's the second or third time now) and b) the hardware
in question is reasonably new and also c) the uptime that of course
got wiped out was nearly three weeks. The one hardware possibility
that comes to mind is that it's a Raspberry Pi (four cores, ARMv7
Processor rev 3 (v7l)) and something just slipped under the radar that
maybe wouldn't have if it had been an Intel or Intel-like processor.

"Nuke it from orbit" is generally bad practice but yeah. I've never
seen anything else quite like it. Anyone who's experienced anything
remotely of the sort and it got fixed somehow, please let the list
know.