Rich Freeman via plug on 3 Jan 2022 06:44:11 -0800

Re: [PLUG] Very weird error with make (constant segfaulting)

On Mon, Jan 3, 2022 at 9:11 AM Lynn Bradshaw via plug
<plug@lists.phillylinux.org> wrote:

> I don't think it's dodgy hardware because a) only make has ever done
> this (I think it's the second or third time now) and b) the hardware
> in question is reasonably new and also c) the uptime that of course
> got wiped out was nearly three weeks. The one hardware possibility
> that comes to mind is that it's a Raspberry Pi (four cores, ARMv7
> Processor rev 3 (v7l)) and something just slipped under the radar that
> maybe wouldn't have if it had been an Intel or Intel-like processor.

Anything relevant in dmesg?  One issue I've seen with Pis is that if
you don't have a pretty solid wall wart you can get voltage issues
under heavy load.  That can lead to odd errors - as with RAM
issues/etc.

You don't actually provide the model of Pi you're using, but it sounds
like an original Pi2B as I think that was the only ARM v7 Pi ever made
based on specs I can see online.  That makes it pretty old, which also
increases the odds that your power supply might not be working as well
as it used to.

I'm not really much of an ARM expert, but another thing you might
check is that you're building for the correct sub-arch.  I'm not sure
what distro you're using, but most should be taking care of that for
you assuming you installed the right image.

--
Rich