Lynn Bradshaw via plug on 6 Jan 2022 16:05:45 -0800

Re: [PLUG] sage

Both computing history and nuclear strategy are wild.

If I had to guess, most people here have already heard of what
happened with Xerox PARC and Smalltalk and their ideas being stolen,
but many might not know that you can have a fully modernized, open
source variation of what they did in the 80s:

https://pharo.org/

It can work with Git and GitHub; the community has a very active
Discord; it's all really great.

Another system that is lesser-known today but certainly not
insignificant is the early computerized learning system PLATO:

https://distributedmuseum.illinois.edu/exhibit/plato/

Originally intended for networked, interactive education, it later
became a means of other forms of communication and even very early
online multiplayer gaming.