Lynn Bradshaw via plug on 20 Jan 2022 21:28:48 -0800

Re: [PLUG] patch Ubuntu now, Wine

Are there a few more details about Wine and games? I understand it's
improved a lot but there seem to be weird bugs here and there. I've
used the GOG installers for "Wing Commander: Privateer" and "Might and
Magic III" (or possibly "IV") on Linux using Wine and they both
installed, but halfway through the whole campaign they both
inexplicably and permanently bugged out, which I suspect is related to
that emulation. It's extremely frustrating to put in all that effort
only to have your emulated DOSBox crap out and deny any further
progress.

I took a bunch of flak for saying this online elsewhere but I still
insist that, barring some retro-computing, if you want to be a gamer
on computers, you should use Windows. I'd extend that to .NET
development and PowerShell as well. ("Core" versions of both elements
exist but they're both really scuffed.)