Eli Flanagan via plug on 3 Feb 2022 12:26:50 -0800

Re: [PLUG] Perspectives on Content Filtering: kernel or userspace?

Thanks Casey. Those are great things to know about he pihole as I have not used it.
> I think you've already identified the pluses and minus of "in kernel".  There may be some performance gains from being in the kernel, but replicating that across multiple devices would be pain in most cases.

I was also thinking of an Openwrt node or pihole that had a customized kernel and filtered all network traffic too.

Now I'm curious what the pihole uses for its DNS server!