JP Vossen via plug on 3 Feb 2022 14:42:51 -0800

Re: [PLUG] Perspectives on Content Filtering: kernel or userspace?

On 2/3/22 15:30, Eli Flanagan via plug wrote:
Thanks Casey. Those are great things to know about he pihole as I have not used it.

Pi-hole is awesome, but it will break a lot of coupon sites.  This is, of course, by design, but it bugs my wife who likes coupons.  She is used to turning the Pi-hole off for 10 mins (it has a timer!), and I think we fiddled with setting her browser to use DNS-over-HTTPS to by-pass the Pi-hole too, but I forget the effect there.  I think that worked for her.

Now I'm curious what the pihole uses for its DNS server!

Scroll to near the bottom for https://pi-hole.net/ and look at the screen shots.

Later,
JP