brent timothy saner via plug on 30 Apr 2022 18:08:40 -0700

Re: [PLUG] Correct Horse Battery Staple

On 4/30/22 18:24, Chris Thistlethwaite via plug wrote:
> Who are we kidding? Most users have one password that they reuse over
> and over. Horse battery staple is better than hunter2.
>
> Visible wireless recently got attacked by with brute force based on
> (imo) some level of social engineering of support staff. Random
> passwords are only good if you don't reuse them, which everyone does.
>
> -CT

Speak for yourself. :) I use a password manager and high (very high[0])
entropy password generator, unique for every single login.

(Barring centralized auth, of course, but that's a different conversation.)

[0] https://git.r00t2.io/r00t2/PWGen