JP Vossen via plug on 24 May 2022 14:27:39 -0700

Re: [PLUG] OT - Cheap Home VOIP Phone Service

On 5/24/22 16:30, Eric Lucas via plug wrote:
I use voip.ms <http://voip.ms> and I'm very happy with them.

+1 for VoIP.ms, who I heard about from Jon, and I think other folks on the list do or did use them.  The web site is NOT suitable for Granny, but anyone on this list should have no trouble and they have great tech docs.  They are pay for what you use though, so be aware of that, it's not flat fee.

You'll need an ATA or a VoIP phone to connect to them, but I imagine there are free software-only phones that could work.  I use a ~$40 ATA that just plugged RJ-45 into Ethernet and 2x RJ-11 into my existing phone system wiring.

They have some nice stuff like voicemail-to-email and SMS-to-email as attachments, voicemail transcription, call recording and transcription, etc.

Later,
JP