Walt Mankowski via plug on 7 Aug 2022 18:24:04 -0700

Re: [PLUG] [plug-announce] Tue Aug 9 - PLUG North - "An introductory guide to running your own mail server" by Andrew Denner (7pm EDT online)

On Sun, Aug 07, 2022 at 08:46:44PM -0400, Steve Litt via plug wrote:
> On Sun, 2022-08-07 at 20:19 -0400, Walt Mankowski via plug-announce via plug wrote:
> >
> > This month, PLUG welcomes Andrew Denner from the Central Iowa Linux
> > User Group (CIALUG). Andrew will be giving a talk entitled "An
> > introductory guide to running your own mail server". Andrew adds
> >
> >   I will be using podman to deploy an instance of iredmail to quickly
> >   and easily set up and deploy a mail server.
>
> Some questions:
>
> 1) Is iRedMail a full-fledged email server like sendmail, qmail, and exim rather
> than an SMTP on ramp like nullmailer?

According to their website, iRedMail is a whole bunch of commonly-used
open source packages all packaged together: https://docs.iredmail.org/used.components.html

Beyond that, I've never used it, so if you can't want until Tuesday
night I suggest you start there.

> 2) Will installation on a sans-systemd system be explained?

It sounds like this is trying to be a turnkey system, particularly if
you're running it in a container. Beyond that I have no idea.

> 3) Will installation via iRedMail-1.6.0.tar.gz be explained?

I'm not sure if Andrew's on the mailing list, so answers to these
questions may have to wait until Tuesday.