Steve Litt via plug on 7 Aug 2022 18:29:11 -0700

Re: [PLUG] [plug-announce] Tue Aug 9 - PLUG North - "An introductory guide to running your own mail server" by Andrew Denner (7pm EDT online)

On Sun, 2022-08-07 at 20:58 -0400, Will via plug wrote:
> It's 2022, learning how to live or without systemd is beating a dead
> horse and anyone should be comfortable now with their own init systems by
> now.

Nothing could be farther from the truth. If a piece of application software requires
jumping through incredible hoops to work without systemd, which I don't have, then
I'm not interested in that software. Why would I bang my head against the wall
trying to use software that won't run on my computer?

When I say "won't run on my computer", I don't mean "doesn't have a runit run
script". I can make the proper run script in 15 minutes using the software's man
page.

I'm incredibly comfortable with my init system, runit. I'm so in love with runit
that my wife is jealous.