Steve Litt via plug on 31 Aug 2022 07:11:47 -0700

Re: [PLUG] hardware, XFCE

On Tue, 2022-08-30 at 11:11 -0400, jeffv via plug wrote:
> Linux Desktops and Hardware Enablement - It’s Time for a Change
>
> https://hackernoon.com/linux-desktops-and-hardware-enablement-its-time-for-a-change
>
> If you told me twenty years ago that Nvidia GPUs would still be a pain
> in the you-know-what to get working inside a Linux install to this very
> day, I wouldn't believe you.

The preceding article tells the stone truth. When it comes to this "we will package
no proprietary drivers" thing, the perfect is the enemy of the good, because such
attitudes drive people right back to Windows. And given that the various components
often aren't published in the specs, such policies hold the computer owner
accountable for things beyond his control.