Syeed Ali via plug on 8 Oct 2022 15:38:25 -0700

Re: [PLUG] Firefox 105 is unusable for me

On Sat, 08 Oct 2022 09:46:47 -0400
Steve Litt via plug <plug@lists.phillylinux.org> wrote:

> True, but only in the case of a crash. I have many situations where I
> need to kill tab after tab to troubleshoot something. Or, every time
> I get on Jitsi, I need to kill most of the tabs to get the processor
> oomph I need for Jitsi sound not to have dropouts like old, stretched
> mylar tape. If I kill them myself they don't come back.
>
> I think the open tabs that are really important must be bookmarked
> for safety.

Ooph.. all this almost makes me miss pre-tabbed browsers.  Simpler
times..

I guess you could fish through history, but that sucks too.

Maybe the best thing to do is to have separate profiles for the
different heavy tasks?  Then you could kill a misbehaving process
easily.  You could also positive-nice the browser/profile you're not
using.