Eric Lucas via plug on 19 Oct 2022 11:23:51 -0700

[PLUG] [OT] SW radio question

I know this is off topic however there are quite a few ham radio folks here
and I need some knowledgeable advice.

I'm planning on buying a portable AM/FM/SW radio and I'm down to these two
Sangean ATS-909X2:
  https://www.amazon.com/SANGEAN-Ultimate-Multi-Band-Radio-ATS-909X2/dp/B08MSXX6LH/
The Tecsun H501:
  https://www.amazon.com/H501-Worldband-Shortwave-Longwave-Reception/dp/B007NU351Q/

Both seem highly rated.
The Tecsun has the ability to play mp3s but I doubt I will need that.
They both charge their batteries internally which is a plus.
The Tecsun seems to have better audio & speakers but for +$100 I don't need it.

Any recommendations, comments, or suggestions?

Background: I'm interested in having a SW radio in case of a disaster. The rest of the time it will
just be playing plain old FM or AM radio.
I'll be doing some research and practice so I know how to find what I'm looking for when I need it.

Thank you,
Eric