jeffv via plug on 19 Oct 2022 16:26:44 -0700

Re: [PLUG] [OT] SW radio question

I'd probably go for an emergency-type unit, as mentioned earlier.
That aside, a really pleasant surprise was a Grundig YB400. Not made anymore, but can be found readily online, like ebay. Cheap, very sensitive. I don't know its specs but it is equal to anything I've found in pulling signals, with or without an antenna. There's an external antenna on a tiny reel you can clip up anywhere - boffo!

Regardless, you can locate schedules online and start listening right away. If you really want to make your head explode, check out the black art of antennas.

Good luck and hope for negative SHTF.