Eric Lucas via plug on 19 Oct 2022 18:50:26 -0700

Re: [PLUG] [OT] SW radio question

Hey, great!  Thank you all for your replies.
A couple of thoughts:
-- My eyes are not the greatest anymore so I need something with a bigger screen. The Tecsun PL-386 looks cool however it seems like the display and keys are too small and hard to read for my needs.
-- I don't need solar or crank power - I have a backup for power.
-- The SWLing blog is great and I will dig into that some more.
-- I'm going to get an external antenna (or in the case of the Sangean ATS-909X2 they offer an external antenna as an accessory.)
-- I, too, pray for negative SHTF!

Thanks all,
Eric