Adam Schaible via plug on 27 Nov 2022 20:49:58 -0800

Re: [PLUG] the challenge (temp)

Thanks for the heads up on Pale Moon Jeff, I never heard of it before but will try it out ASAP. Have you noticed any websites/pages yet that give it issues?

I have a couple different low end "beater" netbooks I use for hobbies and other unimportant tasks. One of them (a four-year-old Asus) has "only" 2GB of RAM and really struggles with any more than one or two Firefox tabs. So a leaner browser like Pale Moon should be just the ticket.

I also grabbed one of those cheapo Evolve III Maestro netbooks that Jonathan Simpson did a PLUG talk on a few months back recently and while I didn't have any problems installing Linux or wifi drivers on it (thanks Jonathan!) I can't stand how poor the build quality is compared to the Asus (especially its atrocious touchpad), so I haven't really migrated over.

--
  Adam Schaible
  plug@schibes.com