Steve Litt via plug on 8 Dec 2022 15:24:47 -0800

Re: [PLUG] LXDE

Keith C. Perry via plug said on Wed, 7 Dec 2022 10:32:27 -0500 (EST)

>I typically run Lubuntu on servers and for lightweight desktop
>situations. I think for 20.04 LTS they switched from LXDE to LXQt. It
>seems to be fine. Most of the standard apps are there and you can
>always install what you were used to if it is in a Ubuntu repo). I
>haven't paid attention to memory use though.
>
>Might be something to try as a stand alone install instead of LXDE.
>
>https://lxqt-project.org/

I like LXDE better than LXQt, but IMHO LXQt is also excellent. I've
written this blurb about LXQt:

http://www.troubleshooters.com/linux/quickhacks.htm#startxlxqt

SteveT

Steve Litt