Keith C. Perry via plug on 7 Dec 2022 07:32:50 -0800

Re: [PLUG] LXDE

I typically run Lubuntu on servers and for lightweight desktop situations.  I think for 20.04 LTS they switched from LXDE to LXQt.  It seems to be fine.  Most of the standard apps are there and you can always install what you were used to if it is in a Ubuntu repo).  I haven't paid attention to memory use though.

Might be something to try as a stand alone install instead of LXDE.

https://lxqt-project.org/

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Keith C. Perry, MS E.E.
Managing Member, DAO Technologies LLC
(O) +1.215.525.4165 x2033
(M) +1.215.432.5167
www.daotechnologies.com

From: "Philadelphia Linux User's Group Discussion List" <plug@lists.phillylinux.org>
To: "jeffv" <jeffv@op.net>
Cc: "Philadelphia Linux User's Group Discussion List" <plug@lists.phillylinux.org>
Sent: Monday, December 5, 2022 3:35:27 PM
Subject: Re: [PLUG] LXDE

Just curious; the Pinebook Pro (https://www.pine64.org/pinebook-pro/), which ships with 4GiB, runs KDE Plasma by default. It runs ok when I use it (although you absolutely need no script in Firefox, and IO operations are very slow).

Is your laptop less powered than that ARM machine? Or is it just that I haven't tried living with the Pinebook as a daily driver to really learn the pain?

Charles