brent saner via plug on 10 Dec 2022 17:13:08 -0800

Re: [PLUG] Digital Video Transfer from Legacy "Digital" Camcorder

Likely it wouldn't be mounted but instead treated as a V4L2 USB device, which either VLC or ffmpeg (or a slew of others) could capture.

Something like this process:
https://forum.videolan.org/viewtopic.php?t=110646

And actually, googling for:

trv280 linux vlc