Soren Harward via plug on 26 Jan 2023 07:56:09 -0800

Re: [PLUG] My Holy Quest for a WYSIWYG HTML Word Processor

On Wed, Jan 25, 2023 at 2:43 PM Casey Bralla (Mail List) via plug
<plug@lists.phillylinux.org> wrote:
> I'm not really concerned about making HTML.  I really just want some
> type of "tagged" language so I can see the tags and understand how they
> effect the text.  HTML or XML seems like the way to do this, but it can
> be 100% proprietary tags, as long as I can easily read them.

That sounds a *whole* lot like Markdown.  Have you actually tried
Markdown and one of its many, many WYSIWYG editors? If so, help us
understand where they fall short and we can make a better
recommendation.

Or if your use case is a bit more complicated, maybe you're looking at
a custom XML + XSLT schema.

--
Soren Harward