Rich Mingin (PLUG) via plug on 26 Jan 2023 12:50:11 -0800

Re: [PLUG] Possibly Off-Topic but looking for a "server"

It's not scalpers, it's rabid unfulfilled demand. Raspberry Pi supply
has been zero or spotty for over two years now.

I build Voron 3D printers, and the most difficult component to source
since mid-2020 has been and remains the RPi. I have scavenged all my
working RPis into printers one by one, and my current efforts to
source an RPI4 4GB/8GB at a bearable price have me considering
shanking a stranger to improve my chances.

If there's one RPi on the shelf at the local mom and pop, and they
could sell it to you for the 60$ MSRP, or sell it to me for 100$, I'm
pretty sure they'd bring up the "suggested" part of MSRP and sell for
what the market bears.