Walt Mankowski via plug on 28 Jan 2023 04:41:13 -0800

Re: [PLUG] Possibly Off-Topic but looking for a "server"

On Sat, Jan 28, 2023, at 4:39 AM, Steve Litt via plug wrote:
Steven Grunza via plug said on Thu, 26 Jan 2023 13:25:27 -0500

>Sorry for the possibly off-topic post but over the weekend I became
>aware that a little-used server in my basement has failed.  It's an
>old AMD K5 based system so anything from this millennium will do.  Any
>suggestions on where to pick up a roughly $100 old desktop type box?

$100 is a pretty low figure. Try the following hope-and-prayer ideas:

* Garage sale

* School district "old equipment sales"

* Dumpster dive and fix

* Ask all your friends if they have any 00's computers hanging around

"Ask the PLUG mailing list and hope someone has some old computers they're looking to sell or unload cheap" seems like it's worked pretty for him. :)

Walt