Steve Litt via plug on 28 Jan 2023 01:39:24 -0800

Re: [PLUG] Possibly Off-Topic but looking for a "server"

Steven Grunza via plug said on Thu, 26 Jan 2023 13:25:27 -0500

>Sorry for the possibly off-topic post but over the weekend I became
>aware that a little-used server in my basement has failed.  It's an
>old AMD K5 based system so anything from this millennium will do.  Any
>suggestions on where to pick up a roughly $100 old desktop type box?

$100 is a pretty low figure. Try the following hope-and-prayer ideas:

* Garage sale

* School district "old equipment sales"

* Dumpster dive and fix

* Ask all your friends if they have any 00's computers hanging around

SteveT

Steve Litt