Steve Litt via plug on 28 Jan 2023 01:36:11 -0800

Re: [PLUG] My Holy Quest for a WYSIWYG HTML Word Processor

Syeed Ali via plug said on Thu, 26 Jan 2023 09:13:11 -0800

>On Thu, 26 Jan 2023 09:41:50 -0500
>"Casey Bralla \(Mail List\) via plug" <plug@lists.phillylinux.org>
>wrote:
>
>> I think my __REAL__ desire is to see "Reveal Codes", and to relive
>> my glory in WordPerfect.  I see it's available for Linux in text
>> mode, but that's too old fashion for me.

Oh come on. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Appeal_to_novelty

I used the MS-DOS WordPerfect 5.1 for years, and it's a true thing of
beauty. I could use WP51 to do things I could *never* do in MS Word,
LyX or that horrible OpenOffice. The only problem I ever found with
WP51 is under certain circumstances I don't perceive, it screws up page
numbering on the table of contents.

>> I plan to try to get it running in WINE.

U mean Dosbox or Freedos, don't you? WINE is overkill for a MS-DOS
program.

SteveT

Steve Litt