Charles Hathaway via plug on 29 Jan 2023 14:10:27 -0800

Re: [PLUG] Blog: Great KeepassXC article

Since people were listing alternatives, I use Pass (https://www.passwordstore.org/) these days. It just stores the password in GPG encrypted files, and provides some helpers to decrypt them and copy to the clipboard.

Since they're just files, I use git to sync them, and have a submodule setup for shared passwords.

Works great on Linux, and ok on Windows as long as you avoid special characters in filenames. Mobile support is kinda eh; there's a very nice app, but it doesn't support my submodule setup and has trouble with the GPG key sometimes.

Charles

On Sun, Jan 29, 2023, 13:56 JP Vossen via plug <plug@lists.phillylinux.org> wrote:
Cool, thanks Matt.

On 1/29/23 03:06 PM, Matt Mossholder wrote:
> There is always Vaultwarden to get around the .Net/Mono stuff. It is a re-written Bitwarden server, written in Rust. It uses the Bitwarden clients, so you still have the same options there. It isn't 100% feature complete, but should work for most home users.
>
> https://github.com/dani-garcia/vaultwarden <https://github.com/dani-garcia/vaultwarden>
>
> Here is what it DOESN'T have, compared to official Bitwarden:
>
> Features that may be added as time permits (contributions are always welcome):
>   -  Bitwarden Public API / Organization API key
>   - Live sync (push notifications) for mobile clients (Android/iOS)
>   - Admin Password Reset
>   - Certain enterprise policies:
>        - Master Password Reset
>
> Features that probably won't be added unless contributed:
>   - Single Sign-On (SSO)
>   - Custom roles
>   - Certain enterprise policies (UI not open source, would probably need to be configured via admin page):
>        - Vault Timeout
>        - Disable Personal Vault Export
>
>       --Matt
>

> On Sun, Jan 29, 2023 at 2:25 PM JP Vossen via plug <plug@lists.phillylinux.org

>     As Rich M. points out, I should have mentioned Bitwarden as well.  Everything about that sounds awesome...until you get the to  .NET/Mono part.  That's a show-stopper for me; I am not a fan.
Later,
JP