Ron Guilmet via plug on 30 Jan 2023 13:46:18 -0800

Re: [PLUG] Restated: My Holy Quest for a WYSIWYG Word Processor

One of the problems today, is that HTML is just a structure. Back in the 90s and early 2000s, HTML was all formatting. Today, HTML is just a template, for a lack of better of terms, and CSS is carrying the heavy weight of all of the formatting. Today, you don’t even use <center> tags. If you save a Libre doc as a webpage, and then view the source it is a nightmare to look at, let alone to edit. Markdown, LaTex, etc will work, but they all have their quirks, so-to-speak. WordPress has a live preview, but that is a bit much, if you are just uploading docs. I assume, you just want to upload a static page to the web? You said, you are having formatting issues with Libre as well in the editing process before it goes to save as web?

Ron G