LeRoy Cressy via plug on 31 Jan 2023 08:08:07 -0800

Re: [PLUG] Restated: My Holy Quest for a WYSIWYG Word Processor

On 1/30/23 16:46, Ron Guilmet via plug wrote:
> One of the problems today, is that HTML is just a structure. Back in the
> 90s and early 2000s, HTML was all formatting. Today, HTML is just a
> template, for a lack of better of terms, and CSS is carrying the heavy
> weight of all of the formatting. Today, you don’t even use <center>
> tags. If you save a Libre doc as a webpage, and then view the source it
> is a nightmare to look at, let alone to edit. Markdown, LaTex, etc will
> work, but they all have their quirks, so-to-speak. WordPress has a live
> preview, but that is a bit much, if you are just uploading docs. I
> assume, you just want to upload a static page to the web? You said, you
> are having formatting issues with Libre as well in the editing process
> before it goes to save as web?
>
> Ron G
>
>> On Jan 30, 2023, at 1:29 PM, Casey Bralla (Mail List) via plug
>> <plug@lists.phillylinux.org> wrote:
>>
>> "I had thought a simple HTML authoring program that allowed me to see
>> in real time what the output looked like would give me this same
>> result, provided it also included features such as chapters,
>> footnotes, indents, lists, etc.  HTML seemed like a natural coding
>> system, but is only one potential technical path to being able to
>> create well-formatted documents.

Have any of you thought of using abiword.  Abiword creates native xml
and exports to html.

The html looks like:
"http://www.w3.org/TR/html4/strict.dtd";>
     <head>
         <title>
Abiword HTML Document
         </title>
         <link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css"
href="Original-R-Post.html_files/style.css">
</head>

The css file looks like:
#toc,
.toc,
.mw-warning {
	border: 1px solid #aaa;
	background-color: #f9f9f9;
	padding: 5px;
	font-size: 95%;
}
#toc h2,
.toc h2 {
	display: inline;
	border: none;
	padding: 0;
	font-size: 100%;
	font-weight: bold;
}
#toc #toctitle,

Also the xml is nicely indented and easy to read.

What do you think?
--
  Rev. LeRoy D. Cressy
  mailto:rev.cressy@prontonmail.com

   /\_/\
  ( o.o )
   > ^ <

Cell Phone: 267-668-9686

GnuPG Fingerprint:
D234 65D6 2822 211B F82F  A6CA B332 4CC8 ACBF D200

You can find me on the following:

Telegram:
     (My Main Channel)
	https://t.me/RevLeRoy