Steve Litt via plug on 31 Jan 2023 19:50:25 -0800

Re: [PLUG] Restated: My Holy Quest for a WYSIWYG Word Processor

LeRoy Cressy via plug said on Tue, 31 Jan 2023 16:07:50 +0000

>On 1/30/23 16:46, Ron Guilmet via plug wrote:
>> One of the problems today, is that HTML is just a structure. Back in
>> the 90s and early 2000s, HTML was all formatting. Today, HTML is
>> just a template, for a lack of better of terms, and CSS is carrying
>> the heavy weight of all of the formatting.

I'd say that the CSS carrying the weight of all formatting is exactly
what's needed. You put various text in various styles related to their
context (h1, li, p.title, whatever), and then the CSS translates those
category based into consistent appearances.

SteveT

Steve Litt