Walt Mankowski via plug on 12 May 2023 13:02:30 -0700

Re: [PLUG] Physically Secure Backup Disk

Seems to me one option would be to keep the disks that are in rotation but not currently in use in the fire safe. You’d lose your most recent data in case of a fire, but hopefully not the bulk of your data.

Another option beside the fire safe would be a safe deposit box at your local bank. This would give you offside backups without worrying about the data getting intercepted during transit. (Unless you’re mugged on the way to your bank.)

Of course with either option you could store important physical documents in there as well.

Walt