Walt Mankowski via plug-announce via plug on 9 Jul 2023 19:21:40 -0700

[PLUG] [plug-announce] Tue Jul 11 - PLUG North - "Home Assistant" by Rich Freeman (7pm at CoreDial)

PLUG North will be meeting on Tuesday, July 11 IN PERSON at CoreDial's
offices in Blue Bell, at 7 PM ET. Directions to the meeting location
can be found at the end of this email.

This month, PLUG welcomes back Rich Freeman, who will talking about
a home automation tool called "Home Assistant". Their website [1]
describes Home Assistant as:

    Open source home automation that puts local control and privacy
    first. Powered by a worldwide community of tinkerers and DIY
    enthusiasts. Perfect to run on a Raspberry Pi or a local server.

This will be like the meeting at Coredial 2 months ago. You can arrive
a little before, and the meeting will be held in a conference room
near the entrance. Last time Jon met folks and showed them were the
meeting room was, and I imagine he'll be doing something similar this
time too. There will probably be some conversation before the
presentation. I'll let the attendees determine how long that lasts.

Also like last time, assume this meeting will NOT have an online
component and that there will NOT be food unless you see something
different here on the mailing list.

I'm currently up in Toronto for a combination conference and
vacation. I'll have limited time online, so I'll have to rely on Jon
and Eric if they'd like to post any additions or changes to what I'd
written. :)

The meeting will take place at CoreDial's office space in Blue Bell, PA.

CoreDial (http://www.coredial.com/)
  751 Arbor Way
  Blue Bell, PA 19422

Directions and other information are on our website:

  http://www.phillylinux.org/locations/coredial.html

1. https://www.home-assistant.io