Walt Mankowski via plug on 7 Jan 2024 12:03:31 -0800

Re: [PLUG] Linux install-a-thon?

My intent wasn’t to start a flame war or to discourage this project, but rather to set some realistic expectations.

I don’t have any experience with Chromebooks. My impression, though, was that they’re used mostly in the educational market. But whether it’s Chromebooks or something else, I figured that the pandemic forced all the school districts to come up with some sort of computer solution for all their students. But maybe I’m wrong, or maybe they’ll need to be replaced at some point. Who knows?

For everyone else, keep in mind that for lots of people, their cellphone is the only computer they have or need.

Walt