edack on 10 Oct 2006 22:30:19 -0000

Re: Connecting to a Windows share

Use "smbpasswd jim" while logged in as root. You might have to use "smbpasswd -a jim" if he is not id the smbpasswd file. If the password and username are the same on Win and Linux then all should proceed.

That's what I do here. I have usernames match linux login names and I keep the passwords the same. I have a small network with Fedora running as a server and providing file and print services to my windows users.

SELECT * FROM users WHERE clue > 0;
0 rows returned

---
Ed Ackerman                    |  It is impossible to make anything
#include <std.disclaimer>      |  foolproof, since fools are
edack@kengel.com               |  so ingenious.